Daemen University welcomes Veterans of the United States Armed Forces and their educational beneficiaries to our Veteran Services Department information page. Perhaps the most important message to be conveyed to our Veteran and Military-Aligned Student population (V/MAS) is that "when you are at Daemen, you are never alone".
This "one-stop" site should help with navigating the Daemen site.
Some important tips to know:
- “We pledge to never use fraudulent or aggressive recruiting techniques nor misrepresent what our University has to offer”
- Our admissions staff also abide by both the National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC) and the National Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals (NAGAP) that both have policies against providing commission, bonuses or other incentives. NACAC Policy Document and the NAGAP Policy Document.
- Financial Aid Counselors at Daemen receive both on-the-job training and training through professional financial aid associations including the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and the New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association (NYSFAAA). All new Financial Aid Counselors are given an extensive training outline and receive 90 day and annual reviews. Counselors also receive daily policy updates through various email listservs including Federal Student Aid (FSA Partner Connect). Additionally, ongoing professional development occurs annually via training conferences and webinars. Current Daemen Financial Aid Counselors have on average over 10 years of experience with job titles ranging from Sr. Financial Aid Counselor, Associate Director of Financial Aid and Director of Financial Aid.
Please click on the links below to further explore:
- Undergraduate Catalog
- Financial Aid
- Textbook Information
- Transfer Credit Policy
- Accreditation and Institutional Policies
- Readmission Policy
- Recruitment Policy for Military Service Members and Covered Individuals
- Return of Funds – Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA)
- Readmissions Policy for Military Service Member