Laundry is free for resident students to use at Daemen. Laundry facilities are located on each floor of Canavan and the Campus Apartments. In Collegiate Village, laundry units are in the apartment's common space. In Snyder Park, laundry facilities are in the basement of the building.
In Canavan, a television with cable access is available in the lounge of each floor. Individual rooms are not equipped with cable access. In the Campus Apartments, Snyder Park, and Collegiate Village, every individual bedroom is equipped with cable access as well as each living room. Students may bring their own televisions as they are not provided in-room.
Roommate requests are completed through our online system, eRezLife. Students can login on their MyDaemen>Students>eRezLife to gain access to their housing portal.
All roommate requests are made through the "Roommate Groups" section, and all roommates must have their individual housing applications completed before being requested to join a "Roommate Group".
One roommate will create a "Roommate Group" and invite all other roommates to the group using their Daemen email addresses. An email will be sent to each roommate invited with steps on how to accept the invitation. The invitations must be accepted for roommate requests to be honored.
For a visual step-by-step guide, you can watch this video.
First, check with Campus Safety to ensure that no one has turned in your keys. Also check with the Office of Housing & Residence Life. If not found, Housing & Residence Life will change the room lock and replace keys, with a charge of $125 for a room key, and $15 for a mailbox key.
Campus housing is typically available during portions of the mid-semester period and holidays, if needed. The campus closes completely during the week between the Christmas and New Year holidays and no students are permitted to stay during this time. The only exceptions made are for international students who are unable to travel home at that time. In order to stay on campus, students must complete the online approval form distributed by Residence Life by the assigned deadline.
Students should make themselves aware of hall closing and opening dates for travel planning purposes. Students placed at Collegiate Village may stay through all breaks.
Every resident student is required to have a meal plan.
Meal Plan Options are as follows:
- 100 Block - 100 Meals per Semester with 220 Cat Cash
- 10 Meals per Week with 220 Cat Cash
- 14 Meals per Week with 200 Cat Cash
- 19 Meals per Week with 180 Cat Cash
**All residents of Canavan Hall must have the 19 Meals per Week Plan.
More information regarding meal plans & meal hours can be found on the food service website at https://daemen.hallmarkdining.com/
Yes! A shopping shuttle is available on the weekends and special weekdays, at no cost, to take students shopping. Shuttle service is also provided for students residing at or who are parked at Collegiate Village. There is not transportation to local bus stations, train stations or airports.
Please check out our transportation website here!
You should call Collegiate Village at 716-833-3700. When calling Collegiate, please clarify you are living at Collegiate through Daemen University.
- A micro-fridge unit has been provided by Housing and Residence Life to be shared with your roommate. The micro-fridge unit is equipped with a mini-fridge, freezer, and microwave. No additional refrigerators are permitted in Canavan.
- All residence halls are heated. All apartments have central air, and Canavan Hall has a portable floor AC unit. This unit will be kept in the space until mid-fall to help with the comfort in the room.
- Campus is wireless, but the residence halls do have Ethernet ports.
- Fish are the only pets permitted on campus. Residents may request accommodations for an Emotional Support Animal through Daemen Accessibility Services. Unapproved animals and pets found on campus are subject to removal from campus and documentation through the Student Conduct and Community Standards Office.
- To assure the quality of our buildings, please make sure you fill out a Room Condition Form upon arrival with the Resident Assistant.