- All Canavan Hall rooms are provided a micro-fridge unit to be shared with your roommate(s). The micro-fridge unit is equipped with a mini-fridge, freezer, and microwave. No additional refrigerators are permitted in Canavan.
- The Campus Apartments have a shared kitchen fridge, along with a sink, microwave, stove and oven, and cabinetry space.
- All residence halls are heated. All apartments have central air, and Canavan Hall has a portable floor AC unit. This unit will be kept in the space until mid-fall to help with room comfort.
- Campus is wireless, and residence hall rooms have additional Ethernet ports.
- Fish are the only pets permitted on campus. Residents may request an accommodation for an Emotional Support Animal through Daemen Accessibility Services. Unapproved animals and pets found on campus are subject to removal from campus and documentation through the Office of Community Standards and Student Advocacy.
- To denote the move-in condition of your residential space, make sure you complete your Room Condition Form upon arrival with the Resident Assistant (RA).
In Canavan, a television with cable access is available in the lounge of each floor. Individual rooms are not equipped with cable access. In the Campus Apartments, Snyder Park, and Collegiate Village, every bedroom and living room is equipped with cable access. Students are encouraged to bring their own televisions.
Prior to an academic semester starting, roommate requests are completed through our online system, eRezLife. Students can login on their MyDaemen and search for eRezLife to gain access to their housing portal.
All roommate requests are made through the "Roommate Groups" section. All roommates must complete their individual housing applications before creating or requesting to join a "Roommate Group".
One roommate will create a "Roommate Group" and invite others to the group using their Daemen email addresses. An email will be sent to each invited student with steps on joining the group. The invitation must be accepted for roommates to be pulled in. If a roommate group of 4-5 students have a specific room breakdown for Canavan, they may email email@example.com with this request. For a visual step-by-step guide regarding creating an eRezLife roommate group, you can watch this video.
During the academic year, our office will conduct a Room Change Period in early October and late February if students have a specific room request. If a student wishes to pull in an incoming or current student to a vacant room/apartment space, they may email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate this request.
First, check with Campus Safety and the Office of Housing & Residence Life to ensure no one has turned in your key(s). If your key(s) cannot be found, Housing & Residence Life will change the room lock and replace keys, with a charge of $125 for a room key, and $25 for a mailbox key.
Campus housing is typically available during portions of the inter-semester period and holidays, if needed. The campus closes completely during the week between the Christmas and New Year holidays and no students are permitted to stay during this time. The only exceptions made are for international students who are unable to travel home at that time. In order to stay on campus, students must complete the associated Break Request Form emailed by Residence Life by the assigned deadline and received Residence Life email approval.
Students should make themselves aware of hall closing and opening dates for travel planning purposes. Students placed at Collegiate Village may stay through all breaks.
Every residential student is required to hold a meal plan. The four offered meal plans are:
- 100 Block - 100 Meals per Semester with 220 Cat Cash
- 10 Meals per Week with 220 Cat Cash
- 14 Meals per Week with 200 Cat Cash
- 19 Meals per Week with 180 Cat Cash
**All first-year residents of Canavan Hall must hold the 19 Meals per Week Plan.
More information regarding meal plans & meal hours can be found on the Housing & Dining Services Agreement, and on the food service website at https://daemen.hallmarkdining.com/. Students requesting to not hold a meal plan due to a medical/disability-related circumstance may complete a Petition for Dining Accommodation Form with this request.
Shuttle service is provided for students residing at or who are parked at Collegiate Village. There is not transportation to local bus stations, train stations or airports. Additionally, Daemen offers a reduced NFTA Metro Monthly pass for $25 a month, or day passes for $5. Please see your Daemen email or contact Campus Safety or Parking for more information.
Please check out our transportation website here!
You should call Collegiate Village at 716-833-3700 regarding Collegiate facilities. When calling Collegiate, please clarify you are living at Collegiate through Daemen University.
If you have concerns regarding your placement, email email@example.com.
Laundry is free for Daemen residential students. Laundry facilities are located on each floor of Canavan and the Campus Apartments. In Collegiate Village, laundry units are in the apartment's common space. In Snyder Park, laundry facilities are in the basement of the building. Students are encouraged to use high-efficiency (HE) laundry detergent.