Would you like to give to others in a lasting way? Legacy gifts are a meaningful way to honor the indelible impact Daemen University had on your life. The Canavan Planned Giving Society recognizes our alumni, family, and friends, who want to mark the university’s long-standing history and equally importantly, its bright future through their philanthropic legacy commitments.
The Society is named in honor of our 2nd President, M. Angela Canavan, OSF. Members join Sister Angela in furthering the knowledge and traditions of the university's mission – education and service – for future generations of Daemen students.
Your planned gifts have an enormous impact on our students and offer potential financial and tax benefits to you and your family, such as reduced capital gains and estate taxes. There are many ways to include Daemen University in your estate plans.
Examples of Planned Gifts Include:
- A gift of any amount to Daemen University through a will provision or revocable “living” trust
- 401(k), IRA, SEP, or similar retirement plan beneficiary designation
- Charitable remainder trust
- Charitable gift annuity
- Charitable lead trust
- Life insurance policy beneficiary designation
- Bank account, Totten trust, or similar arrangement
- Real estate gift or gift of unusual assets
- A permanent legacy at Daemen University
- Invitations to members-only events
- Recognition in University publications
- A Canavan Society pin – a badge of distinction
By making a planned gift to Daemen University, you can create a lasting legacy. Please consider joining the many generous donors who have already made such gifts to Daemen University.