Forbes magazine cites social entrepreneurship as the new business model and Huffpost indicates it as a growing career choice.
Learn how to develop and manage entrepreneurial endeavors that contribute to society by solving social or environmental problems.
- Students learn how to benefit their community and beyond by learning to integrate social value into business strategy.
- Students gain a strong business background in areas including, economics, management, marketing, accounting, and finance with an added focus on entrepreneurship, sustainability, non-profit management and grant writing.
- Students are mentored to identify their personal interests and suitability for their specific career field.
- One-on-one career coaching guides students to prepare for an internship and supports them in the job search process.
- Internship experiences supplement classroom knowledge, build professional interpersonal skills, develop liaisons with the business community, and provide concrete, resume building work experience.
Graduates of our program are prepared for various top management roles in business. They are able to broaden their background by learning important principles often overlooked by the for-profit business sector.
Popular career options by industry
- Owner or chief executive officer
- Executive director
- Program director
- Operations manager
- Program manager
- Social impact program manager
- Sustainability manager
- Director of development
Students take valuable electives to gain skills for successful business careers with a focus on social entrepreneurship.
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Grant Writing
- Contract Development
- Sustainable Business Practices
- Non-Profit Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
Within four years, business administration majors can also earn a second degree in global and local sustainability. Students prepare to become business leaders and agents of change in important areas, including diversity, ethics, and global management.
This minior prepares students to effectively and creatively implement successful business ventures to shape their community, and drive the economy. Students complete courses in the entrepreneurial skill set and entrepreneurship in action.
Students can dive deeper into studying sustainable solutions to help balance social, environmental, and economic needs. Students take four additional core courses to earn the minor.