90 percent of our sport management students are employed full time or pursuing advanced degrees within six months of graduation.
Students can apply their love of sports to a rewarding career in many professional businesses, including those within the sports industry.
- Students embark on field trips to explore the operations of professional sport franchises and college athletics programs.
- Internship experiences supplement classroom knowledge, build professional interpersonal skills, develop liaisons with the business community, and provide concrete, resume building work experience.
- Students have daily interaction with our NCAA Division II Athletics Department.
- One-on-one career coaching guides students to prepare for an internship and supports them in the job search process.
- Our alumni network gives back to the program through mentoring and internship opportunities.
- Students can pursue minors in entrepreneurship, public relations, paralegal studies and others to increase their marketability to employers.
Our business-centered curriculum prepares students to work in the sport industry as well as businesses of all backgrounds. Graduates can work at professional sport franchises, campus athletics departments, regional marketing firms and more.
- Events and operations director in college or professional sports
- Ticket office operations for professional sport franchises
- Program director at youth sport nonprofit organizations
- Account executive for sporting apparel manufacturer
Business Administration, with sport management specialization
Event services coordinator, Buffalo Bills
Within four years, business administration majors can also earn a second degree in global and local sustainability. Students prepare to become business leaders and agents of change in important areas, including diversity, ethics, and global management.
This specialization offers engaging courses in sports marketing, introduction to public relations, legal aspects of sport management, human resource management, labor relations and more.