The BFA in Graphic Design is a professionally oriented program that features a broad concentration of courses in the major with supporting studio courses in other fine art areas.
Graphic Design Program Highlights
- Students learn the fundamentals of organizing text and images while studying typography, publication design, package
design advertising, moving image, web design, and multimedia graphic presentations.
- Develop and demonstrate mastery of digital media.
- Investigate the extent and option of visual communication.
- Learn to demonstrate a conceptual acuity in the display of image and text.
- Proficiently design forms necessary for commercial means, from logos to websites
- View Information Sheet
Graphic Design Career Opportunities
- Design and advertising departments of large corporations
- Advertising agencies
- The publishing industry
- Exhibit design for corporations and museums
- Television graphics
The faculty of Graphic Design has practiced professionally in a wide range of contexts, from typography foundries to online publications. In addition to the development of curriculum and teaching classes, each of these faculty members produces work for a professional sector, while also maintaining a personal artistic body of work.
I chose Daemen for its small class size and growing Visual and Performing Arts Department. I’m interested in the expansive qualities of branding and marketing and how one concept can be creatively integrated into many facets of a business. I look to gain experience working in Buffalo at an ad agency though I look to the possibility of owning my own design firm. READ MORE