The arts are fundamental to our humanity, inspiring us to express our values, and build bridges between cultures. They support communities socially, educationally, and economically.
Experience a wide breadth of studio art and receive support for a deep exploration of art across media.
- Students have the ability to choose their art studio courses more freely and combine them with relevant electives to develop a personal and focused practice.
- Students develop a breadth of skills in various media and learn about various creative applications in preparation for a defined professional goal.
- Students engage in internships and gallery exhibits to discover practical applications beyond the studio, and gain exposure to regional and national art markets.
- Faculty members are active professional artists with connections to the art industry.
- Students experience intensive one-on-one studio interaction with accomplished artists.
- Students participate in off-campus projects, extracurricular projects such as mural painting and graphic design campaigns.
- Visiting speakers and off-campus experiences allow students to see art and design at work in the local industry.
Daemen’s art program allows students to focus and explore many areas to develop a strong foundation of skills while also creating a varied and accomplished body of work. Therefore, graduates can work in many different areas of the arts.
- Studio artist
- Mural painter
- Art instructor
- Art museum preparator
- Book, magazine and newspaper illustrator
- Album or graphic novel artist
Thank You for Your Interest in the Visual And Performing Arts Program