In addition to your application to Daemen College, you are required to submit a portfolio for acceptance into the Visual & Performing Arts (VPA) department at Daemen. Portfolio requirements and submission steps are listed below, or you can download this PDF with portfolio submission information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with portfolio questions.
What do I submit?
- Submit 5 to 7 of your best pieces of traditional and/or digital media.
- Work can be from high school classes, or self-directed.
- Include an art list with pertinent information.
- Sketchbooks are not required, but highly recommended as they give us insight to your process.
How do I submit an art portfolio?
- Daemen VPA faculty will review your portfolio and generally respond within two weeks.
- We accept both physical and digital portfolios—see requirements for each below.
- Physical portfolios should be presented as clearly and professionally as possible.
- Consider a portfolio or case, with work matted and clearly labeled on the back of each piece.
- Include an art list with information on each piece (title, size, medium, etc).
- You can drop physical portfolios off at admissions, or they should be mailed and must include a postage-paid mailer for us to return to the applicant: Daemen College Admissions, 4380 Main Street, Amherst, NY 14226.
- Digital submissions should include clearly presented, high resolution work.
- JPG or PDF files recommended.
- Please upload to http://daemen.edu/artupload and do not email your portfolio to admissions.
Are there art scholarships?
Yes! Every year in February, Daemen College hosts All High Art Weekend, which consists of a Portfolio Scholarship Day and an Art Exhibition, where thousands of dollars in scholarships are awarded. Learn more about Scholarships and All High Art Weekend here.