Daemen University’s All High Art Weekends are an annual celebration of artwork by high school seniors and juniors. Entrants can exhibit their artwork in Daemen’s campus gallery, meet with arts faculty for one-on-one portfolio reviews and have the opportunity to be selected for annual scholarships and other honors.
Portfolio Day Event: February 25th
Sign-Up Deadline: February 22nd - 12:00pm
Sign up for a one-on-one portfolio review with a Daemen University art professor and you could be selected for one of two $5,000 annual scholarships. Participants in Portfolio Day will have the opportunity to:
- Meet one-on-one with a Daemen University Art professor to review your portfolio
- Meet current Art students who will share their experiences at Daemen
- Hear a student panel and discussion
- Take a student-led campus tour, including an in depth view of the Visual & Performing Arts Center
- Enjoy a complimentary meal in our dining hall
Portfolio Scholars are selected by the faculty based on the strength of their portfolio, academic potential, personal character, and leadership potential. Portfolio Scholarships are $5,000 and renewed annually provided the recipient maintains a 3.0 or higher GPA.
How to Submit
Sign up online by February 22nd to reserve your spot
- A portfolio of 10-15 pieces of their best work
- A current high school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation OR one letter of recommendation and a brief statement of your artistic interests and goals
Scholarship Portfolios require more pieces than general admission portfolios.
Find out more or enter at AllHighArtWknd.com
All High Exhibition
Awards ceremony: February 11th
Artwork drop-off days: February 2nd & 3rd
The All High Art Exhibition is a juried exhibition open to all high school juniors and seniors enrolled in secondary programs throughout the region. Applicants have the opportunity to exhibit their work in our campus gallery, and $26,000 of annually renewable scholarships will be awarded across nine categories.
Art Exhibition Scholarships
Scholarships are renewed annually provided the recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Best in Show: $3,000
- Best Illustration: $ 2,000
- Best Graphic Design: $2,000
- Best Painting: $2,000
- Best Photography: $2,000
- Best Print: $2,000
- Best New Media: $2,000
- Best 3D Work: $2,000
- Honorable Mention: $1,000
- Junior awards: $75 Hyatt’s gift card
- Buffalo Society of Artists Award: $150
Find out more or enter at AllHighArtWknd.com.
Contact the department for Visual & Performing Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or email VPA Chair Dr. Waterhouse at email@example.com or Professor Longson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.