History majors pursue a variety of professions, and the majority rise to high positions in the careers they choose.
Our program’s liberal arts emphasis provides students with the knowledge and understanding to become successful global citizens.
- Courses integrate perspectives from gender studies, postcolonial theory, and historiographical controversies, among others.
- Curriculum includes local, national, and global history, from the ancient era to current times.
- All students are required to complete an internship or cooperative learning experience and many internships can be found within the Buffalo area.
- Experiential learning opportunities such as Model United Nations and moot court complement and extend in-class learning.
- Capstone thesis requirement gives students the opportunity to do in-depth research on a topic of their choice.
- Our pre-law studies program has an excellent track record with law school admissions and subsequent success in legal practice.
History provides future leaders with a broad perspective on the human condition and explains how changes shape people and societies. Graduates possess knowledge and intellectual abilities that are highly valued and adaptable to a wide array of careers and a rapidly changing work environment.
- Congressional aide
- Foreign service officer
- Intelligence agent
- Public relations staffer
- Advertising executive