There is an increased demand for public policy analysis in both government and non-government organizations, supporting job growth for those in the political science field.
Navigate a diverse, interdependent, and dynamic world by learning about social and political systems in local, national, regional, and global contexts.
- The political science major at Daemen provides students with foundational courses in the major subfields of the discipline: International Relations, American Politics, Comparative Politics and Public Policy, with the opportunity to build coursework in these subfield specializations of your choice. The major also includes a political science research methods course as part of your senior thesis sequence.
- Internship opportunities allow students to explore potential career paths through placements in Buffalo, Washington, D.C., and internationally.
- Experiential learning opportunities such as Model United Nations and moot court complement and extend in-class learning.
- Our innovative Center for Polish Studies sponsors a summer study abroad opportunity for students in Poland.
- Capstone thesis requirement gives students the opportunity to do in-depth research on a topic of their choice.
- Our pre-law studies program has an excellent track record with law school admissions and subsequent success in legal practice.
Our graduates possess knowledge and intellectual abilities that are highly valued and adaptable to a wide array of careers and a rapidly changing work environment. Many become informed and engaged community members and leaders.
- Law enforcement officer
- Legal assistant
- Elected official
- Campaign coordinator
- Legislative assistant
- Lobbyist or interest group advocate
- Public sector and service employee
- Diplomat or consul