Effective: July 15, 2022
MAKE A PAYMENT: A student and authorized user (set up by the student) may pay online through his/her Self Service account @ https://selfservice.daemen.edu > Student Finance
Students will be notified via Daemen email and/or text message when semester bills are available to view.
- Fall tuition statements will be available in July and Spring statements in December
- Students will be notified via Daemen email if revisions are made to their account
DAEMEN UNIVERSITY'S PAYMENT METHOD FOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS/E-CHECK:
TouchNet enables students and/or parents to pay tuition and fees by electronic check (ACH checking/savings) or by credit/debit card via https://selfservice.daemen.edu - Payments by electronic checks (ACH checking/savings) as well as Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express® cards are accepted.
Paying tuition and fees electronically allows students/parents to take advantage of credit card rewards and payment flexibility. The payment process is fast, easy, and secure.
Payment Method and Service Fees:
- There is a service fee of 2.5% - 3.15% (rate varies depending on the amount of your transaction and the difference in credit cards) for payments made via Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express® credit/debit cards
- There is NO service fee for payments made via electronic checks (ACH checking/savings)
- Payment made by cash, personal check, and cashier's check may still be processed in the Student Accounts Office in person or by mail for no additional charge
Students may authorize a parent, family member, or other person to make payments on their account by adding them as an authorized user. After a student grants the authorized user access to their student account, the authorized user will receive an email with login credential information.
The link to the authorized user login page can be found here: https://secure.touchnet.net/C20680_tsa/web/login.jsp
MAKING INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS:
International students and authorized users can pay tuition and fees in your local currency from nearly any country through your student account center. Your student account is the one-stop shop for paying your tuition and fees online. Our online payment system provides flexibility to make secure and private payments with your preferred method, including international payments. By making payments online, you will see faster payment posting and updates of your payment status and account balance.
To make a payment, log in to your Self Service account @ https://selfservice.daemen.edu > Student Finance > Make a Payment > choose TransferMate in the drop-down menu and follow the prompts. Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to make a payment with TransferMate https://vimeo.com/723508067/6bd449677e
- Two (2) Month Pay Plan w/ $40 set up fee
- Five (5) Month Pay Plan w/ $40 set up fee
- To learn more or to set up a payment plan, please visit Self Service at https://selfservice.daemen.edu
- A $25.00 late fee will be assessed for declined planned payments
CONSENTS AND AGREEMENTS:
ALL students are required to Acknowledge and Agree to the following terms and conditions, each term:
- Daemen University Promissory Note
- Electronic Authorization
- All Access Book Rental Program
- Mandatory Refund Policy
Go to https://selfservice.daemen.edu > Student Finance > My Account > Consents and Agreements to acknowledge forms.
NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS (NSF) FEE:
- Payments declined via e-Check (savings/checking) or credit card will be assessed a $40.00 NSF fee
LATE PAYMENT FEE:
- Failure to pay by the due date will result in a $100.00 late fee
SETTLING YOUR ACCOUNT:
- Pay your balance in full prior to the due date, or have a payment plan in place
- Consent to all acknowledgments
- Enter valid banking information by going to: https://selfservice.daemen.edu > Student Finance > Refund Account Setup (top of page) > Refund Methods > Direct Deposit or Instant Pay > Set up a new account > Enter information > Save as Current Refund Method
- All on-campus residents must have their bill settled BEFORE moving into housing
- Students with unsettled accounts may experience a disruption of their services. (Access to Blackboard, Meal Plan, and other services may be interrupted)
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR BILL OR SETTLING YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE CALL STUDENT ACCOUNTS AT: 716-839-8213
CASH PAYMENTS RECEIVED BY DAEMEN UNIVERSITY
Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules and regulations as described in Publication 1544: Daemen University is required to report to the IRS and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) the receipt of cash in excess of $10,000 in a single transaction, or two or more related transactions, from the same person (or agent) received in the course of the University's trade or business within a twelve-month period.
When Daemen University receives in excess of $10,000 in cash in a single transaction, or in two or more related transactions, it is required to obtain the following information regarding the payer and provide it to the IRS and FinCEN via IRS Form 8300:
1. Payer's name, address, date of birth, occupation, Social Security Number (SSN), or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
2. Identification of the document used to verify payer identification (for example, passport or driver's license) including the document number.
3. If the transaction is conducted on behalf of another person, that person's name, address occupation, and SSN or ITIN.
As per IRS rules and regulations, should Daemen University be required to file a Form 8300, the payer will receive a statement from Daemen University detailing IRS requirements, pursuant to Publication 1544.
Is there a fee to pay my bill online?
- There is a 2.5% - 3.15% service fee on the amount being paid when you pay the university by debit or credit card. The fee is added to your debit or credit card. There is NO service fee if you choose to pay by electronic check (ACH checking/savings).
Why is a fee charged?
- Credit card companies charge businesses such as Daemen University for the use of their cards. Daemen University is partnering with TouchNet to offer online payments. The service fee covers the cost of processing the payment transaction and the security compliance and certifications requirements that ensure the protection of sensitive and personal consumer data.
Why has Daemen University started charging a service fee?
- Daemen University is working to keep costs down while maintaining high-quality programs and services. While credit and debit card payments are a convenient way to pay your tuition bills, the cost to provide this convenience has grown dramatically such that it is no longer feasible to accept these payments. This change allows us to reduce operating costs from the budget while continuing to provide a variety of bill payment options to meet your needs. This change will benefit Daemen University and students by enabling the University to allocate the fee savings to other required costs.
Is Daemen University the only university charging service fees?
- No, the changes in your credit/debit card payment structure are similar to those that have been adopted by many universities across the country where online credit and debit card payments are made available through a third-party processor who assesses a service fee for processing the payment. The service fee goes directly to the third-party processor to cover the fees charged by the credit and debit card companies. Daemen University does not get to keep any of these fees.
Who is the third-party provider?
- Daemen University has contracted with TouchNet, a trusted third-party payments processing provider for the Internal Revenue Service, state government, and colleges and universities. Official Payments maintains PCI-DSS Level 1 certification as well as NACHA, FERPA, and GLB compliance. TouchNet is a licensed money transmitter in all states requiring such and adheres to state, federal, and banking security rules and regulations, and undergoes yearly security audits.