All students who have paid their tuition deposits may make their reservations at the link below.
Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted to Daemen College. The faculty and administration have been busily preparing for your arrival on campus.
We have planned two summer orientation programs which include social activities and exposure to your academic program. You will have the opportunity to meet with a faculty advisor, academic support services personnel and student affairs staff. At first year student orientation you will:
- Receive your fall course schedule.
- Meet with your academic department.
- Receive your Daemen College I.D.
- Receive your Daemen computer account and be trained on Blackboard, the online site used by all courses for submitting homework assignments, course discussions, and downloading course documents.
- Be trained on Self Service, the College’s online site for registering for classes, viewing your schedule, monitoring your course grades, and much more.
- Meet your orientation leaders, current students who will share their experiences at Daemen and help mentor you in your first year.
- Meet other new first year students who will be starting in the Fall.
- Meet with representatives from each of the academic and student services on campus who will provide you with answers to frequently asked questions and provide you with information on how to best use their services and be successful at the College.
- Participate in fun activities that acquaint you with the College, the staff, and students.
Every first year student must choose one of two session on either July 15/16 or July 18/19. Attendance is mandatory but there are a limited number of spaces available at each session.
Dress comfortably and casually for all events.
What to Pack
Be sure to remember to pack your sleeping bags/bed linens, blanket, pillow, towels/necessities, alarm clock and a small fan (residence halls are not air-conditioned)
A one-time first year student fee of $175 will be added to your fall tuition bill. This fee covers the cost of food, lodging, activities, staffing, and all materials used during first year student events including Summer Orientation, Welcome Back Programs, and first year student programming.
Getting your student ID is an important part of starting your college life at Daemen. Your student ID is used for many aspects of campus including the residence halls, library loans, and event attendance. Your ID is required for use during orientation. After you make your reservation for orientation you will receive an email with instructions on how to start the process of creating your official Daemen College ID card. You will receive your ID at orientation check-in.
Participation Agreement and Acknowledgment of Liability
All students attending the First-year orientation in July must sign the Participation Agreement and Acknowledgment of Liability form. Students who are under 18 years of age at the time of signing the form must have a parent or guardian also sign the form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have additional questions about orientation? For more information go to the Orientation FAQs page.
|9:30am||Student & Family Welcome|
|10:40am||Federal Work Study Jobs on Campus|
|11:05am||Orientation Leader Meetings|
|1:10pm||Meet the Class|
|1:45pm||Commuter/Resident Student Meetings|
|3:30pm||Orientation Leader Meetings|
Break or choice of:
Trustee Scholar' Recipients and Family Reception
|6:00pm||Dinner & David Coleman|
Breakfast for all students
|9:30am||Orientation Leader Meetings|
|9:45am||Making the Rounds|
|2:40pm||Academic Department meetings|
|3:30pm||Orientation Leader Meetings|
Have questions or want more details? Go to the Frequently Asked Questions Page.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION TODAY! (Registration page will open up in late April)
Feel Free to Contact Us!
Do you have a question that was not answered above? Feel free to contact the Student Life Office at 716-839-8200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org