2023-2024 Housing Selection Timeline - Returning Students
|March 27th, 2023||Roommate Mixer #1||See Daemen Email and RA Floor Meeting for more information!|
|April 4th, 2023||Roommate Mixer #2||See Daemen Email and RA Floor Meeting for more information!|
|April 6, 2023||$200 Housing Deposit Due||Due by 11:59pm (*Deposits will be continued to accepted after this day)|
|April 14, 2023||Individual Housing Applications due on eRezLife||Due by 11:59pm (*Applications will continue to be accepted after this day)|
|April 19, 2023||Apartment Roommate Groups due on eRezLife||Due by 11:59pm|
|April 20, 2023||Housing Selection Times Emailed to Roommate Groups||See Daemen Email for assigned time|
|April 26, 2023||Apartment Selection Online Via eRezLife||Between 12-4pm during assigned time|
Housing and Roommate Group Applications
Room selection is completed by the student after their first-year. In March, application information is emailed to students. Students must submit a $200 deposit to the Office of Student Accounts and complete a housing application by the set deadline to partake in room selection. To complete your application:
- Submit your $200 housing deposit to Student Accounts (put your Student ID# in the Notes)
- Once the deposit is processed, log into MyDaemen > Students > eRezLife - to start the Fall 2023 Returning Student Housing Application (email firstname.lastname@example.org if your deposit is not processed after 3 business days)
- Residents choose their roommates and room preferences. Roommate groups may consist of 4 members, and roommates are not required to be of the same gender. To set-up roommate and room preferences, follow the steps below:
- Individual Application Steps:
- Discuss room preference with roommates (A, B, C, or D bedroom)
- Click "Manage Housing Applications"
- Select Room Preference
- Accept Housing Agreement & Submit Application
- Group Application Steps:
- Ensure all roommates complete their individual application
- One roommate creates and names a "Housing Group".
- Click "Invite your roommates" to the group. This emails an invite to all roommates.
- Have roommates click "accept" on the email invite.
- Confirm your roommates have green checkmarks next to their name. This means they accepted the invite and are added to your group.
- Individual Application Steps:
- If you do not have a full group of 4, see the options below:
- Roommate Mixers: March 27th and April 4th, 2023 (information emails will be sent).
- Make an eRezLife Roommate Profile to search for students seeking roommates
- Email email@example.com to share your contact information with those seeking roommates.
eRezLife Housing Selection - April 26th, 2023, 12-4pm
- Before April 26th, 2023, Residence Life will email 10-minute selection timeslots to all students with completed applications. Times are assigned based on credit-completion seniority.
- Review the How to Favorite and Select Apartments Guide.
- On April 26th, log into eRezLife prior to your timeslot. We encourage the roommate with the earliest time to pick the apartment.
- Once your time begins, click "Housing Overview", then "Browse Rooms"
- Search for apartments by building. Unavailable or already selected apartments will not appear.
- Click the "bed" icon to select your apartment. A detail window will appear. Click "Choose this bed".
- Review your apartment details. Click "Assign me now" to confirm.
- Click "Look at other rooms" to view other options.
- Click "Cancel this reservation" if you chose the wrong apartment.
- Once you select your apartment, pull-in your roommate group:
- Click "Yes, place my roommates nearby right now" to pull them in
- To leave your roommate group, click "No, remove me from the roommate group and only assign me"
- Congrats! You completed your housing selection!
Housing & Dining Services Agreement
The Housing and Dining Services Agreement is signed prior to eRezLife Housing Selection. This agreement is between the Housing & Residence Life Office and the student, and is valid from signature through the Agreement's listed term date(s). If the student decides they will not live on campus for the upcoming year, the student may request to be released from their Agreement. A $750 fee will be assessed to the student's bill if the student is let out of the Agreement.
Housing Selection Resources
- Visit eRezLife to complete your application and select your space per the above dates.
- Read more about our Campus Apartments!
- View our Step-By-Step Guide on Favoriting and Selecting Apartments
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes - you may only select your space after 4pm on April 26th when other times conclude. Eventually, self-selection will close and our office will assign remaining students.
This means one of several things: The apartment is offline / not open for room selection; the apartment was chosen by another group; or not enough beds remain to fit your group (e.g. a group of 4 cannot select an apartment where 1 bed remains). Our office will work to place remaining students as spaces open up/change, and will email you once placed.
eRezLife selects bed placements from your group's applications. If you wish to change bed placements, email firstname.lastname@example.org including your roommates in your email with your preferred bed arrangement (A, B, C, and D bedroom).
Our Residence Life Office reserves the right to update and move placements based on Housing needs. Your room placement may update before the academic year.
Incoming Students Housing Selection Information
Please see the eRezLife information page for more information.
Still Have Questions?
Visit Residence Life, in the Wick Center Student Affairs Suite on the 2nd Floor, or see your RA!