Wildcat Wellness is a student-run organization that is known for its crowd-drawing, fun and engaging wellness programs.
Programs focus on taking time for self-care and connecting students with their peers and wellness resources. Check out testimonials from a couple of founding members!
Interested in joining or learning more about the Wildcat Wellness team? Complete the interest form, linked here.
Wildcat Wellness programs give students the opportunity to take time for self-care, recharge, connect with peers and link with resources on and off campus.
- DIY Events: Zen Gardens, Sensory Bottles, Fidget Items, Aromatherapy Spray Bottles, Succulents & Terrariums
- Healthy Snack Bars: Smoothie Bowls, Yogurt Parfaits & Bubble Tea
- Self-Care Study Break: Coffee/Tea Bar (finals week each semester)
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). During this time, Wildcat Wellness and the CHIP Center partner to offer several awareness initiatives across campus to honor the voices and experiences of survivors and provide campus community members an opportunity to explore educational resources, identify support services and engage in conversations and wellness initiatives as they feel comfortable. Key events include but are not limited to:
- Cup of Support ("IASK for consent" coffee sleeves on beverages at 78West)
- SAAM Day of Action (first Tuesday in April)
- What Were you Wearing? Survivor Art Gallery
- Shine a Light on Local Support
- Denim Day
For more information, please visit daemen.edu/prevention.
Daemen was a 2018 NCAA CHOICES Grant Recipient. The NCAA CHOICES grant allowed an APPLE Team of students and administrators to attend the 2018 APPLE Training Institute in Orlando, FL.
With the knowledge gained from the APPLE Training Institute, Wildcat Wellness was founded in Spring 2019 and the team created and launched an action plan to increase campus-wide efforts to reduce alcohol abuse and strengthen partnerships between athletics, student affairs and other campus departments.