The Bachelor of Science in Art is designed as a more flexible option for students who have a prior, defined area of interest outside of our current majors.
Students have the ability to choose their studio courses more freely and combine them with relevant electives to develop a personal and focused practice. This major teaches students about the breadth of creative applications in preparation for a defined professional goal.
- All members of Daemen's VPA faculty, with their corresponding professional records, teach students pursuing this major.
- Develop a breadth of skills in various media.
- Envision an area of practice and design a program plan to correspond to it.
- Exhibit a varied and accomplished body of work.
- Intensive one-on-one studio interaction with accomplished artists.
- Participate in off-campus projects, extracurricular projects like mural painting and graphic design campaigns.
- Join The Actor’s Guild, Art Club, Creative Minds, Drawing Club or Animation and Story Production Club.
- Take advantage of internship possibilities with local artists and design firms.
- View Art Information Sheet