Every year in February, Daemen College hosts All High Art Weekend, which consists of a Portfolio Scholarship Day and an art exhibition. Thousands of dollars in scholarships are awarded to standout portfolios and artwork.
Congratulations to last year's All High Art Weekend winners.
All High Art Weekend: Portfolio Scholarship Day
Saturday, Feb. 8, 9-11 a.m.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in the arts, design, illustration, or animation, this is your opportunity to have your portfolio evaluated by Daemen professors and be in the running for an arts scholarship.
Each year during Portfolio Scholarship Day, two incoming freshmen are chosen as visual arts scholars by the faculty based on the strength of their portfolio, academic potential, personal character, and leadership potential. The Portfolio Scholarship Day scholarship is $5,000 and renewed annually provided the recipient maintains a 3.0 or higher GPA. It is awarded to two students each year.
How to Submit
Students are asked to submit:
1) A portfolio of 15-20 pieces of their best work
2) A current high school transcript with an average of 85 or higher
3) Two letters of recommendation
• Portfolio submission should be dropped off at the Haberman Gacioch Center
from 9-11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8.
• Digital submissions should be in the form of high-resolution PDFs. These may be emailed to email@example.com
or submitted on a USB flash drive.
• Scholarship day portfolios require more pieces than general admission portfolios. Portfolio requirements for general admission may be found here
• Portfolios can be collected from February 10 to the 14 from the Art Office, adjacent to the gallery.
All High Art Weekend: Exhibition
Sunday, Feb. 9, 1-3 p.m.
The All High Art Exhibition is a juried exhibition open to all high school juniors and seniors enrolled in secondary programs throughout the region. Applicants have the opportunity to exhibit their work in Daemen College’s Tower Gallery and $18,000 of annually renewable scholarships will be awarded across nine categories.
Art Exhibition Scholarships
Scholarships are renewed annually provided the recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA or higher.
• Best in Show: $3,000
• Best Illustration: $ 2,000
• Best Graphic Design: $2,000
• Best Painting: $2,000
• Best Photography: $2,000
• Best Print: $2,000
• Best New Media: $2,000
• Best 3D Work: $2,000
• Honorable Mention: $1,000
• Teachers should submit their work the Daemen’s Tower Gallery on Jan. 30 and 31. The gallery is located in the Haberman Gacioch Center
• Only junior and senior high school student work is eligible.
• All entries must be submitted by art teachers or parents if homeschooled.
• One piece of artwork per student and three entries per teacher is allowed.
• Art submissions must be from the present academic year.
• Two-dimensional work is limited to a maximum size of 4 feet by 4 feet.
• Three-dimensional work should be no larger than 5 feet in height, width, or depth.
• All work on paper, including photographs, must be either framed or matted securely with backing material and ready to hang.
• All two-dimensional work, including paintings on canvas or panel must be framed or have wire attached for hanging.
The last day of the exhibition will be February 21.
Work may be collected on the February 21, 24 and 25 from the gallery. (Please note that Daemen College cannot guarantee safe storage of work not collected by this time.)
• Submissions not complying with guidelines will not be exhibited.
• All work submitted must remain on display in the Tower Gallery until the end of the show.
• Students must be present at the exhibition opening to receive scholarship awards.
• Due to the scope of the exhibition and the difficulty in placing monetary value on the student work, Daemen College will not accept responsibility for insuring work against loss or damage.
• Submission of work to the All High Art Exhibition constitutes acceptance of all conditions listed above.
Questions? Contact the department for Visual & Performing Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org