Congratulations on Your Graduation!
All graduating students must File for Graduation Link (PDF). Unless you apply, you will not be reviewed for graduation eligibly. Daemen's has two Commencement Ceremonies on one day in May each academic year. Daemen College graduates students every September, January and May.
MAY COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY:
Saturday, May 18, 2019
Undergraduate Ceremony will be held at Noon
Graduate Ceremony to follow at 4:30 pm
- What are the application Deadlines?
- What happens once the Application for Degree form is filed?
- What is the Commencement Fair in March?
- What do I do if I am attending the May Ceremony?
- What if I want to "Walk" in May? What is the criteria for Commencement Walking?
- What fun events are planned because of May graduation?
- How do I order a Cap and Gown?
- What do I do if I have transfer credit NOT yet transferred?
- How to I receive my Diploma?
- What are Commencement Honors?
- Where can I find information about Daemen College awards?
- What You Need to Do: Direct Stafford Loan Borrowers (PDF)
- Important Information for September and January Graduates (PDF)
September, January and May
Potential Graduates Checklist- For a printable list CLICK HERE
Attending May Commencement Ceremony Checklist:
Printable list CLICK HERE (All September, January and May graduates for this academic year can participate in our May Commencement. For example, all September 2017 and January 2018 graduates may participate in May 2018 commencement.)
- Fill out RSVP form RSVP LINK, if you are planning on attending our Commencement Ceremony on May 18, 2019.
- Go to Commencement Fair on TBA March at 3pm - 6pm.
- Order your Cap and Gown: A Cap and Gown are required to be worn by all participants at our May Ceremony. You will be able to purchase cap and gown. The Bookstore will also have a selection of diploma frames and other gifts available for purchase including The Balfour/ArtCarved class ring representative. Rings ordered at that time should be shipped before graduation. Any questions concerning Commencement attire should be directed to the Bookstore, 716-839-8245.
- Pick up your Commencement Announcements.
- Find out more about Walking at the ceremony, if you are close but not going to complete your degree requirements by the end of spring term - Click here- Walking Criteria Link
- Periodically check back to this website for form access, commencement festivities information as well as award information. (see below)
- Watch for a Rehearsal email! That will go to your Daemen email in May.
Commencement Fair - TBA March 3pm to 6pm, in the RIC Atrium. Getting you ready for Daemen’s Graduation and beyond. Order your cap and gown as well as other graduation fun items. Verify your gradation status! Get information on the May ceremony. Win Prizes! Enjoy some snacks! Start getting excited to graduate!
Filpbook Link (Click Here) - for information on the week's activities prior to and included the day of Commencement.
DAEMEN COLLEGE AWARD NOMINATION:
Each year at our Daemen College's Annual Excellence Awards Ceremony, several awards are conferred to selected seniors who have distinguished themselves within the College community, as students with demonstrated leadership. The President's Office, the Student Association, and the Alumni Relations Office each solicit nominations from members of the College community, for names of graduating undergraduate students to be candidates for these unique leadership awards.
The link to the on-line submission form is available, please click here - Award Form Link . Deadline for nominations is by April 13, 2018.
Please include appropriate supporting material on the candidate, which will be beneficial for review by the committees of these respective awards. Below, is information that should assist you in choosing the award for your graduating nominee.
Conferred by the Office of the President
A leadership award that particularly recognizes an undergraduate student who has exhibited extraordinary dedication, care, and concern for their fellow students.
SELF-NOMINATIONS and SUPPORTING MATERIALS/INFORMATION should be submitted online by April 13, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this award please contact Sherrie Gustas, Executive Director, Office of the President at firstname.lastname@example.org or 839-8210.
AWARD FORM LINK
Mary Angela Canavan Award
Conferred by the Student Association
A leadership award that particularly recognizes an undergraduate student who has made significant contributions to the betterment of student life at the College.
SELF-NOMINATIONS and SUPPORTING MATERIALS/INFORMATION should be submitted online by April 13, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this award please contact Chris Malik, Director of Student Activities at email@example.com or 839-8521.
AWARD FORM LINK
Alumni Senior Award
Conferred by the Daemen College Alumni Association
A leadership award that particularly recognizes an undergraduate student who has demonstrated exceptional dedication to the larger community.
NOMINATIONS and SUPPORTING MATERIALS/INFORMATION should be should be submitted online by April 13, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this award please contact Kathryn Hammer, Director of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 839-8364.
AWARD FORM LINK