The Daemen College Nancy Haberman Gacioch (NHG) Center for Veterans welcomes students who are active duty members, students who served in the armed services, and student dependents of military service members. The NHG Center is located on the first floor of Duns Scotus (DS131) directly across from the Department of Athletics, and is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and is available by phone at 716-839-7218. The Center is also available during off-hours through swipe card access which, as a Daemen military aligned student, will be provided to you.
This Center provides computers, printers, desks, tables, and white boards along with a full-size refrigerator, microwave, sofa and chairs, to better ensure your academic success and social integration within the Daemen College family. In addition, the Center also provides student workers to assist with answering questions, helping with career and personal vocational choices, and academic coaching.
If you are new to the area or have never visited Daemen College, come in, take a tour, get a feel for the campus, the facilities, and the Daemen Community. The Veteran Services team will be happy to discuss the resources available to you. Please contact us using the form below or call us at (716) 839-7218. You can also email us at email@example.com
I was in the U.S. Air Force for 6 years and after I got out I had the Post 9/11 GI Bill. I called a couple of different local colleges who had a Religious Studies Major. Dr. Kelley has helped facilitate in depth and revealing research and drives me to learn more about my major even when I’m not in school.
Military Friendly School
Daemen College has been selected by Victory Media for the eighth consecutive year as a Military Friendly School. The national designation is awarded to top colleges, universities, community colleges, and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace student veterans and have dedicated resources to ensure their success in the classroom and after graduation.
Principles of Excellence
Daemen College participates in the Principles of Excellence program, and has agreed to the following program guidelines:
- We provide students with a personalized form covering the total cost of an education program
- We provide educational plans for all military and veteran education beneficiaries.
- We pledge to never use fraudulent or aggressive recruiting techniques nor misrepresent what our College has to offer
- We accommodate servicemembers and reservists absent due to service requirements
- We have designated contact personnel to provide academic and financial advice to servicemembers, veterans, and other military-aligned students
- We have aligned institutional refund policies with those under Title IV, which governs the administration of federal student financial aid programs.
- Feel free to see if Daemen is the right fit for you: https://www.vets.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool
- If you feel that Daemen College is failing to follow these principles, feel free to file a complaint; we will make every effort to address your concerns: http://www.benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/Feedback.asp