AVP for Marketing and Communications, Director of Development, Director of Alumni Relations, Director of Annual Giving, Director of Advancement Services, Administrative Assistant.
Purpose of the Position
Responsible for all operations relative to advancement and institution building for Daemen College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide executive managerial direction for the college's advancement program (which includes Annual Giving, Alumni Relations, Leadership Giving, Strategic Data Management, Marketing and Communication), and to further develop areas necessary to a successful advancement program such as planned giving and/or corporate and foundation relations as well as others deemed to be appropriate
- Train and provide overall management of the divisional staff
- Provide input to and participate in strategic planning regarding advancement activities
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to institutional marketing and communication
- Work with the President to develop and implement a comprehensive advancement program (marketing, branding, communication, publications, and resource development) for Daemen College
- Work with the Annual Fund, Alumni Relations, and Leadership Giving Directors and in tandem with the President to prepare annual, monthly, and weekly plans of targeted fund raising activities, including both financial and activity goals
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit government and private sector funds for the College and its programs
- Initiate, develop, and maintain major donor relationships with special attention to frequent cultivation activities
- Represent Daemen College in a fund raising capacity and at special civic and social functions
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to the Office of Marketing and Communication
- Prepare and provide overall administration of the divisional budget
- Require donor contact reports; develop and monitor weekly reports from Annual Fund, Alumni Relations, and Leadership Giving Directors
- Lead the college’s ongoing, first-ever comprehensive campaign to completion
- Manage a portfolio of prospects discovering, cultivating, soliciting, and providing stewardship through personal visits, phone contact, email, and written correspondence.
- Upgrade the donation level of existing donors through cultivation, solicitation, and providing stewardship through personal visits, phone contact, email, and written correspondence.
- Oversee the management of all college-wide marketing and communication activities, especially media relations; digital communication and social media; advertising placements, including print, digital, broadcast, and other formats that will ensure a cost-effective strategy to reach prospective students, donors and other targeted constituencies
- Serve as a member of the President's Cabinet
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree strongly preferred;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience and demonstrated success in securing significant major gifts, preferably in a college or university setting;
- Leadership experience and skill in managing an advancement program;
- A thorough knowledge of both funding sources and financial planning strategies that advance higher education;
- Ability to develop, cultivate, and maintain purposeful relationships,
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills; professional skills commensurate with handling cash and donor gifts.
Terms of Employment
Full time, exempt, thirty-five hours per week, twelve-month position, requires some evening and weekend hours on a regular basis; travel also required.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.