Welcome to the Office of Employee Engagement
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
The mission of the Office of Employee Engagement department is to support the goals of the college by providing high quality customer service to both on and off campus constituencies, including but not limited to employees and applicants.
The engagement team will advocate for fair and equitable treatment of all employees in the areas of hiring, promotion, benefit eligibility and wage administration; will assist with recruiting a diverse workforce; and will promote a safe environment that is discrimination and harassment free. The team will assist and advise faculty, staff and administration with all issues relating to hiring, staffing, retention, discipline and benefit eligibility and administration.
The office is charged with keeping abreast of all updates and changes in employment laws and regulations, both state and federal, and will advise management of all significant changes.
The engagement team will honor and protect confidential information and work collaboratively with all campus constituencies at all times.
About Daemen College
Founded in 1947, Daemen College is a private, co-educational institution located on a scenic thirty-nine acre campus in suburban Amherst, New York, which has been recognized by Money Magazine as the safest city of its size in America.
The College enrolls approximately three thousand students and while most students are enrolled in undergraduate studies, the College is chartered to offer graduate programs. Daemen College is a dynamic, independent liberal arts institution committed to excellence in student centered learning. The College places special emphasis on preparing students for excellence in professional life, civic engagement, and an understanding that learning is an exciting, life long journey. In keeping with its mission, the College prizes creativity and innovation in all aspects of institutional life. Daemen College has the distinctive feature of a core curriculum that stresses competencies and integrated knowledge; special programs for student research and celebrates excellence with the annual academic festival.
Daemen College has been recognized as a premier employer by Business First and also was awarded Honor Roll status by the Chronicle of Higher Education in the “Great Colleges to Work For” challenge.
Daemen College Distinctions 2018-2019
- In an update announced by Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, Daemen has been elevated to the top tier classification – doctoral – making it the only private college in the Buffalo Niagara region to earn this prestigious distinction. Daemen has been advanced from the master’s colleges and universities/larger programs category to the doctoral/professional universities classification.
- Daemen’s economic impact on the Buffalo Niagara region in 2017 totaled nearly $134 million, according to a new study released today, Dec. 10, by the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU). The college’s total economic impact represents a $5.3 million increase since 2015.
- Daemen is one of only 57 institutions from across the country selected by University Research and Review as a 2018-19 Best Value College, a national distinction that honors institutions that provide high quality education at an affordable cost.
- For the 10th consecutive year, Daemen has been recognized by Victory Media as a Military Friendly School, making the college one of the best institutions in the country for veterans to receive a college education. The 2019-20 Military Friendly Schools list is awarded to institutions that succeed in the areas that matter most in helping veterans make the transition from the military to college and to successful careers.
- Daemen has been ranked nationally by Money magazine as one of the “Best Colleges in America” for educational quality, affordability, and alumni success.
- For the 11th consecutive year, Daemen has been named a national College of Distinction in honor of the institution’s excellence in undergraduate higher education. This also marks the second year Daemen has earned program-specific recognition in business, education, and nursing for the college’s expert blending of the liberal arts with professional programming.
- Daemen has been ranked nationally for the third consecutive year on the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings, a student-focused list that measures student success and learning. The rankings highlight four key performance areas: resources, outcomes, environment, and engagement, the area in which Daemen excelled.
- Daemen has been ranked among the top 15 in the nation on the “50 Best Value Small Colleges” 2019 list released by Best Value Schools.
- Daemen has been named one of the “Best Colleges for Nursing in New York” by Niche, a college ranking Web site. Also from Niche, Daemen has been named to the 2019 “Hardest Colleges to Get Into in America.”
- Daemen has been ranked second on the “Five Best Colleges for Health Sciences and Services Majors in New York” list released by Zippia, an online resource for exploring career options. The college’s ranking places it as the top private college in the state and the only Buffalo Niagara institution on Zippia’s 2018 list.
- Daemen’s Physician Assistant Studies Program has been recognized as one of the best in the country in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best Graduate Schools rankings. Daemen is tied for No. 74 in the rankings.
4380 Main Street
Amherst, NY 14226
Phone: (716) 839-8325
Fax: (716) 566-7804
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, or by appointment
Tracy M. Masse
Employee Engagement Director
Employee Benefits & Payroll Coordinator
Employee Engagement Associate & Student Employment Coordinator
Lindsay A. Wolfe
Main Office Phone Number: 716-839-8325 / FAX 716-566-7804
Members of the Daemen community may request a parking permit through their MyDaemen account. Click on the following link to login with your daemen.edu address and request a parking sticker:
Parking stickers are available for pickup at the main desk in Wick Center. Additional questions regarding parking permits should be directed to Karen Cash in Student Affairs at x8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacation reporting for all administrators has gone paperless! Administrative employees are encouraged to view the tutorial on this new feature before utilizing the online system available here from your MyDaemen account.
Supervisors with a responsibility to approve administrative vacation reports, should also view a separate tutorial the describes how to manage and approve your employee's vacation reports.
In response to the New York State legislation updates surrounding sexual harassment policies and training, Daemen has brought up-to-date our Sexual Harassment Policy to remain both vigilant and compliant with New York State laws surrounding this issue.
If you believe that you have been subject to unlawful harassment or retaliation, you are strongly encouraged to complete the below form and submit it to the Director of Employee Engagement/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, or the College’s Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Officer, as set forth in the College’s anti-harassment policy.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires all affected employees to complete annual training in two critical areas:
#1 Access to Medical and Exposure Records
#2 Right-to-Know or Hazard Communications.
Daemen College has partnered with Rogers Learning System, LLC to fulfill this requirement through a convenient web-based training module which takes less than one hour to complete. Your supervisor will notify you if OSHA training is required.
OSHA training is available in the Office of Employee Engagement - DS 126, by appointment. Upon completion of the tutorials and receipt of at least an 80% score on the quizzes, the Maintenance Department will be notified that you have complied with the OSHA requirements.
|Wednesday, 11/27/2019 (close at noon)||Thanksgiving|
Monday, 12/23/19 through 1/1/20
*(return to work 1/2/20)
|Monday, 01/20/2020||Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|Monday, 02/17/2020||President's Day|
|Friday, 04/10/2020||Spring Holiday|
|Monday, 04/13/2020||Spring Holiday|
|Monday, 05/25/2020||Memorial Day|
|Friday, 07/03/2020||Independence Day|
|Monday, 09/07/2020||Labor Day|
|Monday, 10/12/2020||Columbus Day|